Deron Meilstrup has been living in West Africa with his wife Mary Beth for 2 years. Deron is a counselor serving on the Member Care Team and Mary Beth is the region’s media strategist.
I’ve been working with the Meilstrups this week in Abidjan and interviewed him about his background and the work he has been doing all over West Africa. You can listen to the 10-minute interview below:
Here is an outline of our conversation:
- Intro/Where Deron grew up
- How the Meilstrups ended up in Africa (0:34)
- Deron’s work on the mission field (1:44)
- Traveling in West Africa (3:00)
- Living in Abidjan (4:53)
- Living conditions for missionaries in West Africa (6:20)
- Future plans after 3 year term is over (8:44)
- Closing (10:04)
Below are a few photos I took of Deron and several he and Mary Beth have taken on their travels around West Africa. They have a blog of their own that you can visit to find out about their adventures and how they have seen God working in West Africa.